Avg is one of the top security software in the world when it comes to real-time protection, security, and PC performance. When you activate avg It neutralizes the threat even before the threats impact your PC. Its real-time protection makes sure your device is protected all the time and threats like viruses, malware, and trojans are not able to infect it.
When you get avg and set it up on your device, its security algorithm keeps a track of all the activities on your device so that if any suspicious activity is found. It can act fast and protect your device. Let me elaborate on the features and advantages of the avg security activation in the further part of this article.
About Avg security
As per Wikipedia, AVG anti-virus (previously called AVG, an abbreviation of anti-virus Guard) is just a lineup of anti-virus applications made by AVG Technologies, a subsidiary of Avast. It’s designed for Windows, Mac-OS, and Android.
The newest AVG comes in Grisoft’s initial Solution, Anti Virus Guard, found in 1992 from the Czech Republic. Back in 1997, the very first AVG licenses were sold in Germany and the united kingdom. AVG premiered in America in 1998.
Why you should activate avg on your device?
let me give you tons of reasons why you should choose avg over other security software. You can go through them and be amazed by the level of security options provided for your devices.
Email shield technology
Avg automatically removes threats from your email such as malware, spyware, and viruses. We sometimes unknowingly click on spam emails that infect our device. AVG email shield technology protects from them.
It provides your device with the real-time protection as soon as a virus or malware tries to infect your device or you visit a phishing website that can steal your information it automatically neutralizes them all.
Boosts Up PC performance
Once avg is activated with the help of avg activation code, it not only protects your device from spyware and malware but also improves its overall performance.
VPN included with AES encryption
Avg lets you connect to any wifi with bank-grade, 256 AES encryption. The virtual private network (VPN) makes sure you can browse the internet anonymously.
How can you activate avg by following the steps mentioned below on www.avg.com/activate?
Now let us move on to the steps that you need to follow to set up and activate avg on your own. Trust me if you follow them exactly you will not face any issue while activating avg.
Note: To keep it easy for you, images are also represented.
- The very first step that you need to follow is to visit the avg official website.
- Once you are on the website navigate to the avg security software download page.
- Once you are on the download page, you will see “powerful protection and performance for your pc and beyond”.
- Under that, you will find a “Free download button”. Click on that.
- Now avg setup file named “avg_antivirus.exe” will start downloading and you will be on the thank you page that will say “Thank you for choosing avg.”
- Now the installation screen will be visible to you in a moment.
- On the installation screen, you will have the option to even customize the installation according to your choice.
Note: By default “Yes, Install AVG Secure Browser” and “Make AVG Secure browser my default browser option” will be check at the bottom left of the screen. You can check or uncheck them according to your requirement.
- Now you can click on the install button to proceed with the installation.
- By default File Shield, Behavior Shield, Web shield, Email shield, wifi-inspector, File shredder, cleanup and Do not disturb mode will be selected. You can check and uncheck them according to your initial need and requirement and click on install.
- Now avg installation will initiate and you will see a message “Your avg installation is in progress.”
- Once the installation is completed, click on continue.
- Now you will be on the control screen of avg. To activate the subscription and enter the avg activation code. Click on the menu on the top and select the “Enter activation code” option.
- Now you will have two options, either “Sign in to your avg account” or “Enter valid activation code”.
- In this case, I will be entering the activation code, you can even sign in if you are already registered with avg or can register by visiting www.avg.com/registration.
Note: The activation code is alphanumeric of eighteen digits.
- After that, the avg subscription will be activated for the period you have purchased it for.
- You can now run the scan, it will first check for browser threats, then for viruses and malware and after that for any advance issues as shown in the images below.
- Once done the scan will be finished and It will automatically schedule a smart scan to run once a month.
- As per pcmag.com, AVG has millions of users worldwide. In our own tests and tests by the independent labs, it earned very good scores. You can read the complete review here.
- As per techradar.com, AVG shares the same core technology as other Avast programs but has its own unique user-interface design. You can read the complete review here.
Being one of the most popular security software in the world, avg is a user choice. It never fails to amaze us with its vast security options and AI security algorithm. Being one of the users myself, I will surely recommend avg if you planning for security software for your devices.